Neem, also known as ‘Azadirachta indica’ is a versatile plant that is native to India but has been planted in Asia, Africa and some other areas of the world. The Neem tree has many properties and the bark, leaves and seeds are primarily the parts used to make herbal remedies.
Neem has a vast range of medicinal properties and have been used for centuries to treat various ailments including:
· Increasing immunity levels
· Maintaining oral hygiene (prevents tooth plaque gingivitis)
· Healing skin wounds (incl. fungus, eczema, psoriasis, warts, cold sores & chicken pox)
· Coughs, colds & fever
. Purifies the blood
· Insecticide (internal & external)
. Neem is well-known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties which aids in preventing diseases, fungal and bacterial infections.
· Strengthening, growing hair, dandruff prevention and lice removal.
· Burning Neem leaves can also be used to prevent insects including mosquitoes.
. Neem leaf extracts and neem oil act as a powerful spermicide. Neem kills sperm but does not
affect the production of sperm and has historically been used as a natural contraceptive.
· Due to its antioxidant properties neem protects the skin from harmful UV rays which helps
improve the elasticity of the skin maintaining youthful looking skin.
Neem has historically been associated with protection and warding off negative energies.
Neem consumption is not recommended for those pregnant or trying to conceive.
Click images for more information